Fri, November 6th, 2009 - By
To save any last minute panics and ensure all runs smoothly, we’ve put together a checklist from everyone here at sunshine.co.uk.
- Check the expiry date on your passport and make sure it’s in good condition and up to date with at least six months left before it expires.
- Check do you need a visa for the country(s) visiting and don’t forget to check the passport/visas of any children in the party.
- Check with your doctor as soon as possible to find out if there are any vaccinations or tablets recommended for the country(s) you’re visiting.
- If you’re planning on hiring a car abroad, check the age limits and ensure you take both parts of your driving license.
- Make sure you have adequate travel insurance and purchase as soon as possible, check you’re covered for any additional sporting activities you plan to partake in.
- Research your destination and find out about the local laws and customs. What might be perfectly appropriate behaviour or dress in one country might not be acceptable somewhere else.
- Make copies of important travel documents and store them online using a secure data storage site or someone at home who can forward copies to you if needed.
- Always take enough money and have access to emergency funds.
Posted : Friday, November 6th, 2009 at 14:32
- If travelling within the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is available for any individual normally resident in the UK and can be used to cover or partly cover any necessary medical treatment due to either an accident or illness whilst on holiday. Please note – the EHIC card is NOT an alternative to travel insurance and does not cover any private medical healthcare or the cost of things such as mountain rescue in ski resorts, repatriation to the UK or lost or stolen property and each passport holder (adult, child or infant) must have their own EHIC card. To apply for a card visit: www.ehic.org.uk
Category : How To...
Subscribe : RSS 2.0