A recent survey revealed the ten favourite places for wedding proposals around the world, more obvious locations such as the Eiffel Tower are still popular, but some lesser known choices such as the beach on the Greek island of Skopelos, where the hit movie ‘Mamma Mia!’ was filmed, also appear.
1. On a Gondola, Venice – Its not surprising to see Venice at the top of the list, one of Europe’s most beautiful cities it makes the perfect backdrop for a proposal.
2. Times Square, New York – A city full of unique and memorable spots for proposing, such as on top of the Empire State Building, Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge.
3. By the Pyramids, Cairo – Still regarded as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, both ancient and modern, these monumental structures have stood the test of time.
4. Grand Canyon, Arizona – With such beautiful scenery your sure to take her breath away when you get down on one knee.
5. On the beach, Skopelos (Mamma Mia! set) – The Greek island of Skopelos is generally popular with those looking for a quiet retreat as well as day-trippers from nearby Skiathos. Mamma Mia was shot at various points around the island, ‘Does Your Mother Know’ was performed at Kastani Bay and beach.
6. Great Barrier Reef, Queensland – Though a long way to travel to propose, the Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s largest coral reefs and blessed with breathtaking beauty.
7. Hot Air Balloon Flight, Barcelona – For the ultimate romantic journey why not indulge with a private hot air balloon flight for two, enjoy the spectacular views and tranquillity some 3,000 feet above Catalonia.
8. On Safari, Lake Nakuru – Lake Nakuru’s most famous attraction is the flamingos that feed here in their thousands. More than 400 species of birds, hippos, reedbuck, waterbuck, black rhino, giraffe, lion and leopards are also residents here.
9. Top of the Eiffel Tower, Paris – With all of Paris as your backdrop, where better to propose than at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
10. On the slopes, Mount Blanc – The highest mountain in the Alps, Mont Blanc provides skiing and snowboarding for all ages and stages, with plenty of advanced and expert pistes as well as gentle nursery slopes.Posted : Friday, February 5th, 2010 at 09:41